Watch the video and answer the following questions (from minute 01:00 to 05:10)
- Why does Hugh Laurie think his show (House, MD) is difficult to translate to other languages?
- Why did German fans start tearing up photographs and throwing them at his face?
- What is the German expression for “boo”?
- Why doesn’t Hugh Laurie agree with the idea that he’s losing his British accent?
- Does Robert Pattinson speak in American accent when he is in America? If so, why?
- What happens to Robert when he speaks in British accent in America? Give an example.
- What two things does Reese’s mother still think are true about Hugh Laurie?
Read the following interview. Then click on the links below to listen to a review of the seventh, and last, Harry Potter book – ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ by JK Rowling.
JK Rowling chats to Newsround
JK Rowling’s had loads to do in the run up to the release of the final book in the Harry Potter series.She admitted on her website that she was feeling nervous about the launch, but just moments before she gave a moonlight reading in London, she took time out for a quick chat with Newsround’s Lizo.
It’s been an incredible 10-year journey. What’s it like reaching the end of all of this?
How does tonight compare to some of the other highlights of the last 10 years of Harry Potter?
We’ve had a week full of people leaking things that they say are spoilers and the incredible secrecy that’s built up around it.
When will we be hearing from you again?
Here are the links:
Harry Potter, MP3 (Listen to it first without using the script)
Programme script (Now download the script. Play the MP3 and read along)